The Marketing Plan. A term bandied about within organisations large and small. Reassuring when one is in place. Exciting to those starting up. And what should be top of the critical ‘to do’ list for the rest of us.
Regardless of what type, size and industry your business is in, it will always benefit from a marketing plan. But don’t just take it from us, here are some good solid reasons why it is a document that should never be neglected.
Why create a marketing plan?
A marketing plan provides focus
Not only does a marketing plan show all employees that the management have a strong, forward facing grip on the business, it also gives them something to rally behind. Nothing boosts morale and builds energy faster in an organisation than an exciting plan of how to grow the business.
Without a plan, success is hit and miss
If you don’t have a plan, wherever you end up is simply a result of luck. It might be good luck, of course, but equally so it could be bad luck. Having a plan helps to foresee problems and mitigate them in advance, thus nullifying the effects of the latter.
It keeps the big picture in mind
The business world is moving faster now than it’s ever done before, so it’s not hard to lose sight of what one is aiming for sometimes. It’s easy to get distracted by flash-in-the-pan wonders and hype. Putting in writing what’s been agreed as the best path forward for the business is an excellent way to ensure that you remain committed to the plan six months down the line. If a decision is taken later to deflect from that path, that’s fine. But at least you are fully aware that that is what you are doing.
How do you then monitor performance against your marketing plan?
So once you’ve got your plan, and you’re confident it’s focused, budgeted, and supported by everyone, the next step is to start implementing it. And very close on the heels after that is to start monitoring its progress. But how?
The ideal solution sits centrally, so that it’s accessible by all relevant personnel 24/7. Real time information needs to be available and provide both an overview and more detailed reports. Plus it helps if activities can be filtered in a variety of ways, e.g. by department, product, service or location.
At virtualROI we often recommend Resolut. Being an online activity planner, it’s the ideal solution for managing your marketing strategy.
An introduction to Resolut
In our experience, Resolut helps your marketing plan to thrive. Here’s how:
- It is online – This means it’s accessible by all those who have permission to access it, 24/7.
- It provides strong visual summaries – Using colours and symbols, Resolut provides a pictorial synopsis instantly.
- It offers pre-designed templates – Resolut makes it quick and easy to enter new campaigns and activities through the option of pre-designed templates.
- It offers access permissions control – To ensure individuals have access to what they need to see, no more and no less, Resolut facilitates flexible access settings.
- It provides advanced reporting – Resolut enables each user to filter, follow up, evaluate and reuse functionality, significantly improving both efficiency and consistency.
- It facilitates budget control – Resolut enables you to allocate and monitor your marketing budget on many tiers, right down to a local and individual level.
If you’d like help in understanding how an online marketing activity planner like Resolut could help your business, please do not hesitate to get in touch with a member of our team.