The most important aspect of successful marketing is the people you’re hoping to reach with your message and then convert into customers.
This goes for traditional marketing as well as digital marketing. At the end of the day… will they buy your product or service? And let’s face it, there’s a lot to consider to ensure the success of a digital campaign.
- What technology should you use – what online apps, software & systems?
- What is your message and call to action?
- What’s the right design and layout for your copy etc. to achieve that message?
- When should the campaign take place?
- How are you going to measure its success?
- What processes etc. do you need to put in place to react to responses to your campaign?
- What other marketing activities does the campaign need to tie in with?
All good stuff, of course, but you know what?… None of this matters unless you really know your customer. And then even if you do have a fabulous product, already enjoy an enviable reputation, and do know your customer really well, if the data you’re using to target your message is out of date, inaccurate or incomplete, then your marketing efforts may be all but wasted.
Nowadays, data comes in thick and fast from different places. Not only do businesses have details of existing customers, potential leads and other contacts already in their CRM system, but fresh data is coming in all the time via digital avenues such as websites and social media. It’s easy to feel swamped. But it still needs sorting. And to achieve this, businesses need to regularly carry out:
- Data Audits
- Data Analysis of campaign results
- Data verification, enrichment and enhancements
- Data consolidation, purging and standardisation
If this doesn’t happen, then your marketing efforts are most likely just scattergun at best…
How can virtualROI help?
Well, our starting point is to be an extension to a client’s marketing department that guides and advises on B2B best practice. However, depending on the skills within each department, with respect to data-driven marketing we can also help carry out data audits, data analysis, data consolidation, purging and standardisation as well as data verification, enrichment and enhancements. If you don’t have the right customer data within your organisation, we can also source it for you via EMEA wide partners.
Working with virtualROI will thus help you ensure that the time, effort and expertise being put into each digital marketing campaign is focused on targeted, segmented, market appropriate data. And what does this mean? This means you’re taking the right steps to get the best return on your investment!