Here at virtualROI, we actively encourage all of our clients’ to introduce an Enewsletter programme if we believe that there is a significant benefit in doing so. There is certainly time and effort required to launch and manage one, however, there are a whole range of benefits that a well-engineered Enewsletter can provide and that collectively can help you meet your commercial objectives.
A newsletter is no longer just hard copy information that people divert to, well…. the nearest bin. Done in the right way, it is a long term programme of communications that are personalised with compelling content relevant to the reader with additional information accessed by merely clicking a button.
Here are just 10 benefits of developing and sending regular Enewsletters:
- Compared to print it is an extremely quick and cost-effective way to communicate with your demographic, be that prospects or customers or indeed any other segment of your database that you decide to send too.
- Strengthen and build your business’s brand and reputation by enabling you to showcase your knowledge and also by being able to advise and discuss up-to-the-minute industry news.
- Extend loyalty and commitment of your customer base by becoming not only a supplier but a trusted advisor and a source of knowledge, retain your customers.
- Gain access to immediate, trackable, actionable results, online and in real time.
- Identify ‘undeliverables’ which can be rectified and resent helping to increase data quality.
- Increase your knowledge on key areas of interest and indeed non interest, all of which enrich your data and provide the ability to segment whilst increasing the understanding of your audience. Customised dynamic content can give readers exactly what they are interested in.
- Support your overall marketing objectives, advertising and awareness and of course your sales agenda.
- Increase web traffic by linking back to specific pages on your site or blog, helping with the quality through targeted traffic.
- Provide a vehicle for promotional content, pre-release information, technical knowledge and advise as well as corporate/company developments and news feeds.
- Increase media exposure to prospects, customers, bloggers and public in general as a newsletter can be made similar to an online press release in the way that it can extend your media reach.
So with this in mind, could an Enewsletter help with one or all of your business objectives? Have a think about it, but in our experience and in most cases the simple answer to the question is yes!